- Which areas are restricted in terms of movement?
- When will the restrictions start and end?
- May I leave my house, and when may I do it?
- What are the other restrictions on movement?
- Who are exempted from the restrictions?
Which areas are restricted in terms of movement?
Greater Accra Metropolitan Area (GAMA, which includes Awutu Senya East)
- Accra Metropolis;
- Tema Metropolis;
- Tema West Municipality;
- Ledzokuku Municipality;
- Krowor Municipality;
- Adentan Municipality;
- Ashiaman Municipality;
- La-Nkwantanang-Madina Municipality;
- La-Dade-Kotopon Municipality;
- Okaikwei North Municipality;
- Ablekuma North Municipality;
- Ablekuma West Municipality;
- Ablekuma Central Municipality;
- Ayawaso East Municipality;
- Ayawaso North Municipality;
- Ayawaso West Municipality;
- Ayawaso Central Municipality
- Ga West Municipality;
- Ga North Municipality;
- Ga Central Municipality;
- Ga South Municipality;
- Ga East Municipality;
- Korle-Klottey Municipality;
- Weija/Gbawe Municipality;
- Kpone Katamanso Municipality; and
- Awutu Senya East Municipality.
Greater Kumasi Metropolitan Area
- Kumasi Metropolis;
- Asokwa Municipality;
- Suame Municipality;
- Old Tafo Municipality;
- Oforikrom Municipality;
- Asokore Mampong Municipality;
- Kwadaso Municipality;
- Atwima Nwabiagya Municipality;
- Kwabre East Municipality;
- Ejisu Municipality;
- Afigya-Kwabre South District;
- Bosomtwi District;
- Atwima Kwanwoma District; and
- Atwima Nwabiagya North District.
When will the restrictions start and end?
Effective 1 am on Monday, 30th March for two weeks, subject to review.
May I leave my house, and when may I do it?
This, in essence, means that everyone resident in these areas must stay at home for the next two weeks. However, if you must go out, it must only be to get essential items such as food, medicine, water, undertake banking transactions, or to use public toilet facilities. But, as much as possible, stay at home.
What are the other restrictions on movement?
There shall be, during this period, no inter-city movement of vehicles and aircraft for private or commercial purposes for the areas of the restrictive measures, except for vehicles and aircrafts providing essential services and those carrying cargo.
Riders of motorbikes are not allowed to carry any additional person,
All intra-city passenger vehicles, such as trotros and taxis, must reduce the number of passengers in order to observe appropriate social distancing and hygiene protocols.
Additionally, all commercial vehicle stations shall observe appropriate hygiene protocols and social distancing.
Only persons involved in the food value chain can operate in the markets during this period.
Who are exempted from the restrictions?
- members of the Executive, Legislature and the Judiciary;
- production, distribution and marketing of food, beverages, pharmaceuticals, medicine, paper and plastic packages;
- environmental and sanitation activities;
- the staff of VALCO;
- road and railway construction workers;
- mining workers;
- members of the security agencies assigned lawful duties;
- the staff of electricity, water, telecommunications, e-commerce and digital service providers; and
- the staff of fuel stations.