The Ghana Rugby Club Championship (GRCC) will be held annually in November and January / February. Detail will be announced soon.
Six teams from Greater Accra and four teams from CentWest will compete on a Pool basis.
[table id=10 /]
[table id=20 /]
[table id=19 /]
Fixtures Round 2 Pool A
[table id=16 /]
Fixtures Round 2 Pool B
[table id=17 /]
Log Pool A
[table id=12 /]
Log Pool B
[table id=15 /]
Fixtures Round 1 Pool A – Accra
[table id=11 /]
Fixtures Round 1 Pool B – CentWest
[table id=14 /]
Rules & Regulations
The Rules & Regulations for the GRCC 2014-15 are dictated by the GRFU Regulations with specific reference to GRFU Regulation 2 – Adult Competitions.
(a) Unless otherwise agreed by the Committee, the position of a Club/team shall be established by awarding four League points for a win and two League points for a draw. An additional League point will be awarded to a team:
(i) on each occasion it scores four or more tries in a League Match; and
(ii) on each occasion it loses a League Match by seven points or less.
(b) If two or more Clubs have the same number of League points at the end of the Season, final league positions shall be determined firstly by the number of wins achieved and then on the basis of match points scored.
(i) A Club with a larger number of wins in the League shall be placed higher than a Club with the same number of League points but fewer wins.
(ii) If Clubs have equal League points and an equal number of wins in the League then a Club with a larger difference between match points ‘for’ and match points ‘against’ shall be placed higher in the League than a Club with a smaller difference between match points ‘for’ and match points ‘against’.
(iii) Should two Clubs have the same number of League points and an equal number of wins and the same match points difference, a Club having scored more match points ‘for’ shall be placed higher in the League than a Club having the lesser number of match points ‘for’.
(iv) If this still does not establish the positions then the Clubs involved shall be ranked according to the number of matches won, excluding the first League match of the season. If necessary this process shall be extended to exclude the second match, third match and so on until the final positions are established.
A Club may not play or select as a replacement or substitute more than seven (7) Foreign Players in any match. For clarity this tournament rule must be interpreted as follows:
- There may not be more than 7 foreign players on the field of play at any stage;
- A team can’t submit a squad for any match that have 50% or more foreign players in the squad. If a team submits a 15 + 7 squad, the maximum number of foreign players in the squad will be 10. If a team submits a 15 + 5 squad, the maximum number of foreign players in the squad will be 9.
- Guided by IRB Regulation 8 a foreign player that has been a Ghana “Resident” for 36 consecutive months will not be regarded as a foreign player on condition that such player completes and signs a declaration (download here) and emails the signed declaration together with proof of such Residency to the Tournament Commissioner.
- 5 competition points will be awarded to a team that gains a forfeiture or is awarded match points by the Tournament Commissioner
- 1 competition point will be deducted from a team that forfeits a Match
- The team receiving the forfeiture will receive 20 points for and nil points against
- The team forfeiting the fixture will receive nil points for and 20 points against
- A team that forfeits three matches in the Club Championship (GRCC) is subject to disqualification from the tournament
Match Reports must be completed and submitted by e-mail to the GRFU on the Monday following the match by not later than 10:00 – by BOTH Team Managers, e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Match Reports can be downloaded here.