The body responsible for the development and management of Rugby in Ghana is the Ghana Rugby Association (GRA) operating as the Ghana Rugby Football Union (GRFU), a sports association registered with the National Sports Authority (NSA) under the Ministry of Youth and Sports.
The GRFU Secretariat is situated in Accra, the capital of Ghana.
Ghana Rugby also conform in all regards to World Rugby Bye-Laws, all Regulations and Laws of the Game.
The logo or emblem of the GRFU is as per the image above, and the National Senior Teams go by the name “The Ghana Eagles”, while the National Junior Teams are “The Ghana Eaglets”.
Activities of the GRFU is guided by:
- The GRFU Strategic Plan June 2017
- The GRFU Operational Plan (OP)
- The GRFU Development Plan 21 June 2017 V2 (PDF Download)
- View Online (Public slides)
The “Ghana Rugby Insights” document will be updated periodically and the June 2017 version can be accessed here:
Communication and publicity about Ghana Rugby is high on the agenda of the GRFU, and the following media channels are inter alia employed to reach out to all stakeholders:
- Website: http://ghanarugby.org/
- Fundraising: A special website has been created for this and it can be viewed here.
- YouTube Channel
- WhatsApp Groups: Probably the most important channel to communicate with the Ghana Rugby Family (Bodies, Clubs, Players, Project Teams).
- Publicity & Press Releases: Updates can be viewed here.